Welcome to the brand new, redesigned Encompass website! Encompass staff have been working on this project for over a year, and we are thrilled with the result.
After determining our needs and wants for the new site last spring and summer, we put out a public Request for Proposals for web designers. We received proposals from far and wide, including a few from other countries. After carefully reviewing the proposals and interviewing three finalists, we ended up selecting North Bend-based firm The Medium for the project.
The Medium began working with us in January 2018. The first step was to determine visual designs for the various pages we wanted the new site to include. After designs were finalized, the site went into development and we began compiling our content for the new site. The beta site was completed in June, and since then we have been entering all the content while working with The Medium to make edits and fixes as necessary. Last Friday, after months of work, the site went live to the public.
We hope that this new website will be a much more intuitive, user-friendly experience for all of you. After all, what good is a website if no one can find the information they need on it? We listened to your pain points and your suggestions on how to improve the new site. Here are a few new features we are particularly proud of:
- A tool on the homepage and Programs page to help you locate which programs might be right for your family
- An interactive events calendar that can be sorted by audience and event type
- A library of resources to help families along their journeys
- A page of Frequently Asked Questions, sorted by topic
- Action buttons at the top of every page so you can go right to donating, registering, or paying
- A Google Translate plugin that allows you to view the site in seven different languages
And so much more! We invite you to explore the website and send any feedback you have to email@example.com. We hope that you will enjoy the new site and that you find it useful and informative.