What is the Parent-Child Home Program?
PCHP is an evidence-based early literacy, parenting, and school readiness model that is committed to closing the achievement gap by providing income eligible families the skills and materials they need to prepare their children for school and life success.
Each week, early literacy specialists provide the family with a high-quality book or educational toy that is a gift to the family and are often the first such items in the home. Using the book or toy, the literacy specialist models reading, conversation, and play activities designed to stimulate parent-child interaction, develop language and literacy skills, and build school readiness.
For more information, please contact Lynne Creed, PCHP Manager.
BENEFITS OF PARTICIPATING
- This evidence-based program provides participants with free educational books and toys
- Participants that complete the full two-year program have a high school graduation rate of 84%, which is the same as their middle-class peers
- Children who participate in PCHP will increase their likelihood of graduating high school by 30%
ABOUT OUR PCHP PROGRAM
- A home visitor will travel to your home twice a week for thirty minute sessions
- Visitors will bring gifts of high-quality books and educational toys, spending time reading and playing with your child
- Will teach child familiarity with books and educational toys
- Helps develop a positive connection between the child and learning
No revelamos informacion a inmigracion ni a otras autoridades gubernamentales.